Question asked about sexual Desire
This is an email reply about sexual Desire, which I've been asked may times.
Try reading YA Qahhâru The Subduer one of its secrets is to over whelm your enemy which is your Ego, Hawa, Shaytan Dunya-Greed, Kafirs.
Keep reading it try reading very day 1000 times that's about 20 mins or so start with Ya Allahu YA Qahhâru
Then just keep saying YA Qahhâru, YA Qahhâru, YA Qahhâru ...
you must read the book by Imam Ghazaili the Two desires. its in English called
in full “On Disciplining the Soul and Breaking the Two Desires Books” XXII
and XXIII of The Revival of the Religious Sciences
Translated by T.J. Winter
Islamic Texts Society (1995) ISBN 0946621438 paperback Index 277pp. $30.95
The translation of two sections, Books XXII and XXIII,
from The Revival of the Religious Sciences details the sophisticated spiritual
techniques adopted by classical Islam. In the first text, which cites copious
anecdotes from the Islamic scriptures and biographies of the saints, Ghazali
explains how to acquire good character traits, and goes on to describe how the
sicknesses of the heart may be cured. In the second part, entitled, "Breaking the Two Desires," he focuses on the question of gluttony
and sexual desire, concluding with the words of the Prophet, the 'best of all
matters is the middle way.'
book is available in the UK or US and can be bought from Amazon.com I think
apart from that Shaytan and your ego will have funny anyway to be on the guard
its hard so for some brothers its not an issues others find it hard.
Also keep you diet all Halal as Haraam Food
does make you more Sexually active in the Haraam sense by putting Harram
thoughts into your head. Also you could cut your diet by being a
semi-Vegetarian as hot food also makes you more Lustful what it is, Haraam food works against you do so it can
make you more Horny as it were. Unless your married you can calm down else one
needs to fast but if even that its helping much so then WHAT read below.
A Ruling Concerning Masturbation
pressing need to relieve himself of sexual tension may drive a young man to
The majority of scholars consider it haram. Imam Malik bases his judgement on the
verse, Those who guard their sexual organs except with their spouses or those
whom their right hands possess, for (with regard to them) they are without
blame. But those who crave something beyond that are transgressors, (23:5-7)
arguing that the masturbator is one of those who "crave something beyond
the other hand, it is reported that Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal regarded semen as an
excretion of the body like other excrete and permitted its expulsion as blood
letting is permitted. Ibn Hazm holds the same view. However, the Hanbali
jurists permit masturbation only under two conditions: first, the fear of
committing fornication or adultery, and second, not having the means to marry.
are inclined to accept the opinion of Imam Ahmad in a situation in which there
is sexual excitation and danger of committing the haram. For example, a young
man has gone abroad to study or work, thereby encountering many temptations
which he fears he will be unable to resist, may resort to this method of
relieving sexual tension provided he does not do it excessively or make it into
better than this is the Prophet's advice to the Muslim youth who is unable to
marry, namely, that he seek help through frequent fasting, for fasting nurtures
will-power, teaches control of desires, and strengthens the fear of Allah. The
Prophet (peace be on him) said, Young men, those of you who can support a wife
should marry, for it keeps you from looking at women (lit., lowers your gaze)
and preserves your chastity; but those who cannot should fast, for it is a
means of cooling sexual passion. (Reported by al-Bukhari.)
You should make use of the following:
- Observe fasting, because it bolsters one's faith, preserves chastity, and protects one from evil thoughts.
- Observe moderation in eating and drinking in order to avoid stimulating your desire.
- Keep away from anything that is sexually stimulating, such as pornographic pictures, erotic films and love songs.
- Choose good and righteous friends.
- Keep yourself busy in worship and spiritual acts.
- Interact with activities of the society in such away that it keeps you away from thinking about sex.
- Avoid gatherings and places that bring men and women physically close to each other.
- Avoid sleeping on beds that are so soft that they make one think about sex.
- Try to admire natural things such as flowers and beautiful scenery, which do not stimulate one sexually, instead of admiring girls and women.
- If you find the previous things useful, then it is forbidden for you to masturbate. However, if you find that you cannot relieve yourself except through masturbation, and you fear you may lapse in adultry if you do not masturbate, then the juristic rule which states that "the lesser evil is to be suffered in order to fend off the major one" applies to you, as masturbation is deemed to be the lesser of two evils in this case.But, we would like to stress that this may be done only in the case of dire necessity, when all soultions prove to be of no avail.
A Ruling Concerning Masturbation:- reference below from The Halal And The Haram In Marriage And
Family Life - by
Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi.
The Ruling on Masturbation: Prohibitively Disliked What is the ruling on Masturbation?
Masturbation is sinful, being prohibitively disliked, and having many personal and societal ill-effects that are known and recognised in sane traditional societies and by balanced people the world over. The early Muslims used to say, "The one who weds his hand is accursed." (Fath al-Qadir) It is only allowed in the very rare situation where if the person did not do this, they would fall into actual zina (i.e. unlawful sexual intercourse), because of their uncontrollable desire, on condition that they are unable to marry and have taken all reasonable means to lessen their passion (such as fasting, lowering their gaze, avoiding meat and dairy products, avoiding those things that stir their desires, such as bad company, spending unnecessary time outdoors, especially in public places such as shopping malls where there is fitna, avoiding watching tv and surfing the internet, etc). Even in such cases, it could only be done to lessen sexual desire, not for sexual gratification. Otherwise, it would remain sinful. These conditions are extremely rare.
[derived from: Ibn Abidin's Hashiya, al-Lakhnawi's Naf` al-Mufti wa'l Sa'il, and al-Nahlawi's Durar al-Mubaha, Kamal ibn al-Humam's Fath al-Qadir]
Wassalam, shaykh Faraz Rabbani From SunniPath.com
many asnwers regarding the Issue of Masturbation from Sunni Path
The Total Fiqh on Masturbation